Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

 We are on this journey and it seems to be a whole lot involved with it.  Decisions that a person must stop and face.  One is on my mind today and that is ......our home.  When we purchased this home 21 years ago we were thinking about living in it for about 5-8 years and then selling.  But it became home.  So we have stayed.  

Now, that we are dealing this these diseases it's time to take another look at our home.  It is two levels, so stairs....and it also has a drop down extra living room with 3 steps down and on the other side a two step up to kitchen.  Now with hubby starting to have walking and standing issues...and dizzy problems.  Time to rethink..

Of course I think it's no problem for me...I got this but the laundry room is in the basement with two more bedrooms, family room and pantry.  So I go up and down these stairs all day long.  And I am getting older so decisions.

Do we sell?.....do we stay put until things get real bad?  do we let the kids just take over?.....do we just pretend all this will just go away?

I honestly have no interest in moving.  I love my home...love my yard....love living here.  But what is best for the both of us?........decisions.......

Most of us think this is something that we will have to deal with in the future...far future....I did.....never even wanted to think about it.......but then along comes a different chapter.....and we are faced ....with decisions.......




Now most of you think no big deal....just a little 1957 ranch house....but to Hubby and I ...IT'S HOME. and for now....WE ARE HERE...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning