Our Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson disease journey #27

 


Daughter came home with her two boys...she is such a help. We are working on some things to make life easier plus she is helping with important paperwork.
I have found that I need lists.....lots of lists.....I don't know how most of you handled this but from what I read...lists are good.
1. list is for hubby's books....I found I have to have only one book out....I write the name of that book on the list and keep it to show hubby what book he is in....to many books and he reads a page or two in several and thinks he has read all of them.

2. bathing....he thinks he has taken a bath an hour ago. When you say time to take a bath....we have issues.

3. changing clothes....when he takes a bath I sneak in and take his dirty clothes and leave his clean clothes....he can't tell the difference for some reason.

4. where things go........mercy....this drives me crazy.....I find things everywhere......and somethings I am still looking for.

5. learning to just go along.........when he does talk which isn't much any more......it's goofy stuff.....

6. learning that this journey is terrible.....I am loosing my hubby....we don't talk much any more.....sometimes I feel I am babysitting a grown man that just wants to read, set and wonder.

It is hard to watch your loved one change and you can't stop it. I am learning to adjust to this but also hating it. Even when we go for drives he doesn't notice things that we used to talk about. He is here but not here. Maybe I am cruel but I am praying God's will be done. Help me to walk this journey...when things got bad at home when I was young I ran....I was out of there. But now I am here for him all the way....but I have to admit....I am not good at this....hubby has only a small amount of pain...mostly his legs....so as far as he knows he is good....life is good.......me everyday is changing...thanks for listening.....I am trying to be strong...but this girl is getting worn out........have a good day.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning