Our Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson Disease journey #64

 

Hubby has a blue walker with a seat attached. We picked this up one day at the thrift store when hubby was having a bad time so dizzy he couldn't walk...so I turned and said "oh set down on this"...well we ended up buying it and it has worked out pretty well.
But my dilemma is.... I drive a 2012 jeep liberty...the hatch comes up and we put the walked folded down in it. But as the disease goes on hubby's strength is leaving. He struggles to get it out of the back. So I try and it is hard...it doesn't fold clear down so the wheels catch, or the handlebars catch......sure not like the old strollers that folder clear down. So what I have the kids looking for is something that we can both man handle with this walker. Yes, my jeep has top racks on the roof but too high for me. So not sure if we need a hitch rack but one that I can still use the back for groceries or what.....also what I buy I need it to be able to have attached a fold down wheelchair. Any ideas would help....as time goes on, I will be the one lifting it up and down and strapping it down. Also, the back seat doesn't work...to tall and no room.
Also we decided to use our handicap sign.... got it all ready and every store we went to the handicap parking was full.... who knew there was this many handicap people in our town.....so hubby is still walking the distance which makes him want to set more in the store. But I still get him moving and we are doing good. Thank you for all the prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning