Spring project---Ugly vintage 50's Step Stool

It seems I don't even have to look for projects for the upcoming Spring, all I have to do is leave my house.  I have been cleaning out cupboards and closets and slowly getting rid of things.  So today I was going to stop by St. Vincent DePaul Thrift store and leave a couple bags of clothing and misc dishes.  When I went inside to get my receipt there was this cool little old vintage 50's step stool.  I remember these from when I was a kid and the more I looked at it the more it pulled me to buying it

After asking hubby what color we can't decide whether to paint it yellow, red or white.  I think I might wait until I get the vinyl for the seat and back and then decide what color to work with.  

Will be a nice item for our vendor show this summer.  Right now we are on the calendar for 3 "The Rusty Cupboard" vendor shows.  Daughter and I will be busy selling again this year, last year we took the year off and didn't attend any showings.  But we are coming back with a whole lot of new items

Today January 6, 2013 I started working on re-modeling this step stool.  It is so hard for me to understand why some one would take black paint and spray paint over chrome legs.  So I am taking a paint remover  and brushing it on and scrapping off the old black paint.  This will be a long hard job.  But I can already see the chrome shining through.  Hubby will remove the seats and flat part of steps.  I will then get the under part of the rods and remove all the paint there.  We will go to Joann's fabric store and get some real good vinyl and re-upholster  the seat and back in a red and white.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning