Old typewriter table to become new country checkerboard



Finished kids game table....perfect for bedroom or recreation room.  I really enjoyed doing this project.


I kept the grandson today and had a great time with him and after his nap we got ready for him to go to pre-school.  After dropping him off I see this old table, I think they used to call them old typewriter tables.  Anyway, I just thought it was really cool.  On the top of the table was a sticking note saying make any offer. Of course, I am very frugal so I walk back in and offer a $1.00 and they took it.

I see this becoming black with a painted checkerboard on the top.  I already have several sets of vintage checkers that would go great with this.  The legs will have to be done somehow but not quite sure what yet.  Will get you some after pictures when I finish this but for right now it has to go into hiding until the holidays are over.  To many projects already to finish.

Here is my inspiration...http://joybeadworks.blogspot.com/2009/08/typewriter-table-makeover.html check this out and you will see my end results

Here she used magnetic checkers and used an old tin box to keep the checkers in...just way cool.

A wilderness quilt, four Christmas stockings to crochet, a baby blanket to make and lots of baking.  So off for now.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning