Off at 8:am Yard Selling with Grandkids



So funny, my grandkids are programmed to know Grandma. They came at 7 am this morning to have breakfast and then go off to school but they remembered it was friday and they had time to go yard selling and then to school. So we were off after they ate breakfast, first stop is always McDonald's for hot chocolate and coffee for me and then to the gas station to get a money saver for the sales. But with this being Memorial Weekend...no yard sales.





After checking we find one in Clarkston and we figure we have time so they all yell road trip and we are on our way. we have a total of 46 minutes to get there yard sale and be back to school in time.



The sale was great for Grandma, grandkids couldn't find anything. Just not a kid sale. But grandma got..


This cool rocking chair which I will give to my daughter because I already have 3 rocking chairs.



These really cool dark stained solid oak mirror panels which I will rework and hang on the wall in the family room. This one old sewing basket, the insides are a little rough so I will replace the liner but I love the bag and I found all the coolest items in it. There are crochet books that date back to 1939, lots of crochet hooks and knitting needles. What a cool find?
The last item I got was this already started quilt. It comes with all the pieces cut out some of them sewn together and the lap quilting frame.



Like I said it was a grandma heaven yard sale....and not bad for a total of $11 for all. I am off to a great day




Comments

  1. What awesome finds, bummer the kids couldn't find anything cool for them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning