Starting my Fall Hand quilting

I got to looking at my supply of baby quilts and found that I only have 2 left.  I usually have at least 24 baby quilts ready at all time for gifts or re-sale.  My supply has really gone down.  So today I dug out my quilting frame from the basement and decided I had enough items to start a new quilt.
I put the layers down on my bed and lay them out flat to get the idea if I have enough of the fabric to work.  My daughter purchased this topper for me several months ago and I haven't been able to work it yet so today is the day.  I always back mine with flannel that I purchased at JoAnn's fabric and then a good quality of batting for the insides.  You can see the three layers here in this picture.

Then I start hand quilting around the squares and animals and just making it look pretty.  This will take me about a week because I move on to other items in between.  But will have an after picture as soon as I finish. 

Have a great day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning