Getting my Patio Furniture Finished

 Been working on getting my patio furniture finished.  It's really been fun getting all the right pieces and working them all together.  The little round table started the whole idea.  It was found at a yard sale for $5 and I loved the size.  It was rod iron and had a cool little design on it so off I was on a journey looking for the same pattern. 

While working at Costco I noticed they got in some rod iron chairs that looked just like my pattern and so I purchased two of them, they were $19 a piece and so they are the most expensive part of my project but worked out great.  Plus, hubby doesn't mind sitting in them.

The old and I mean old rocking chair is made out of rod iron tubes but this chair has been with me for probably 10 years.  I love the old thing and I must say I think it has been several different colors during that time.  So I purchased some rust-o-leum spray paint and worked it to fit right in.

My neighbors saw my project and donated the two very old ice cream parlor chairs.
This is one of them.  They are about 45-50 years old.  This couple used them as their wedding chairs.  After they got married and that was all they had for kitchen chairs for many many years.  When I got them they were a rusted white rod iron.  The sit was all faded and dirty.  So I decided to get out that handy can of spray paint and went to work.

Later off to JoAnne's Fabric store and got this outdoor upholstery material on a great sale.  It was $8 per yard on sale and then half price off that, so couldn't go wrong.  I covered the seats on the ice cream chairs and the rocking chair.  Looks just perfect.

Then another yard sale I came up with the plant stand which has the same rod iron detail so it was a must have.  I got it for $3.  The other rocking chair is spoken about in another blog post but you can see it here in my set.  Beside it is a very heavy old floor lamp that was being thrown away at a yard sale and I took it.  Took out all the wires, the top and it got covered with my spray paint, on the top is an old bottom to a water fountain that wasn't working any more.  It became my table top.

So this is my patio in the front of my house.  I get lots of compliments and I love to sit out there all the time and watch the traffic, people walking by, neighbors in their yards and enjoy the breeze.

Comments

  1. I love the pattern of the material that you used for the chairs. It looks good on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! Such a great place to sit out in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning