Stocking your pantry

 I always try to pick up some extra groceries each time I shop....I guess it comes from us living almost 2 hours from good shopping stores most of our lives........but even now I do....I found this cool list that helps to keep me on track.......now I don't line my shelves with crazy items just to stock pile......but I do try to keep a few extras for just crazy life situations......so work this how you like...choose the items your family can use.....don't just stock pile....work this....as dates come and go on these items......

Week 1 – Spend $5 on Rice
Week 2 – Spend $5 on Beans
Week 3 – Spend $5 on Sugar
Week 4 – Spend $5 on Salt
Week 5 – Spend $5 on Baking Soda
Week 6 – Spend $5 on Milk Powder
Week 7 – Spend $5 on Dried Onion
Week 8 – Spend $5 on Dried Garlic
Week 9 – Spend $5 on Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Week 10 – Spend $5 on Baking Powder or Yeast
Week 11 – Spend $5 on a Whole Grain
Week 12 – Spend $5 on anything else
Now comes the real challenge….just how much of each of these items can you get for just $5 a week? Do your very best to make that amount stretch as far as possible!
Are you ready to join me on this challenge? By the end of 12 weeks, you aren’t going to have the biggest, most impressive stockpile there ever was, but you will have a nice amount of basics set aside for an emergency time. Of course, a full stocked stockpile will have more items than this (hopefully you will be able to preserve some meats, fruits, and veggies too!) but this list will build a great basic foods stockpile..........
for my family we will change week #1 from rice which a one pound bag would do us a year .........to flax seed...which I tend to use a lot
And make sure you use this as a working pantry....using your items and rotating them....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease journey #22 house

Removing and replacing our old pathway

Our journey with Lewy Body dementia and parkinson disease #1 beginning